Supply Chain Practices for Control of Pellet Loss Webinar Series
This series of webinars will present common industry practices for pellet, flake, and powder control and containment. Over three sessions in September 2020, participants will learn from their colleagues across the supply chain on topics such as creating and managing a program, performing initial gap assessments, equipment and operational solutions for pellet, flake, powder control, and more.
These webinars are designed to be collaborative discussions with the speakers facilitating conversations among the participants. There will be opportunities before, during, and after each session to ask questions, as well as share what your company may be working on or has implemented.
Webinar #1: Operational Clean Sweep Program Overview
September 1, 2020 11:00am – 12:00pm EDT
- Patrick Krieger, Director of Sustainability & Materials, Plastics Industry Association
- Stew Harris, Senior Director of Marine and Environmental Stewardship, ACC’s Plastic Division
- David Sandidge, OCS Consultant
- Introduction to the series and how attendees can participate
- Operation Clean Sweep (OCS) Program Overview
- Why take the pledge?
- OCS vs OCS Blue
- Getting Started with OCS
- What are the first steps?
- Identifying program champions
- Creating a management system
- How to perform an initial gap assessment
Webinar #2: OCS Practices: Resin Production, Load Out, and Transportation to the Converter
September 14, 2020, 11:00am – 12:00pm EDT
- Danielle Gore, Americas Sustainability Advisor, Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LP
- Chris Jackson, Logistics Manager, Shell Chemical Company
- Jerry Curl, Director of Operations, G&D Trucking Inc./Hoffman Transportation LLC
- Resin production to loadout
- Loadout to convertor
Webinar #3: Warehousing/Storage and Converting/Product Manufacturing
September 29, 2020, 11:00am – 12:00pm EDT
- Dan Martino, Senior Director, Texas Administration, Inteplast Group
- Rob Flores, VP of Sustainability, Berry Global
- Warehouse and storage
- Converting/product manufacturing