One of the most effective ways to improve your facility's containment of pellets is to identify the areas where spills and losses occur most frequently and fix them.
- Use the site audit checklist to audit every transfer point at your site.
- Identify the major spill areas.
- Determine the cause of spills in each area.
- Research/brainstorm ways to solve each problem.
- Implement the simplest effective solution.
- Follow up to measure success.
- Repeat as necessary.
Most companies may not perform all of the operations on the site audit checklist. Customize the checklist to suit your facility. Add any missing operations.